What is food security?
Food security includes food- affordability, availability, access, and stability. Food insecurity is unfortunately one of the world's greatest challenges of our time. Malnutrition (under- and overnutrition) is evident around the world.
We envision a world free of hunger and malnutrition for all. We are seeking to collaborate with like-minded partners at the frontlines of delivering lifesaving nutrition. If you share in this mission, we invite you to contact us to explore how we can partner to meet urgent nutritional needs in your local community and globally.
How do we help to address food insecurity?
At Lishe Foods, we believe in the power of partnerships to solve critical nutritional challenges facing the world today. Working with partners, we can better meet diverse nutritional needs across contexts. How?
- YouBuy1-WeFeed1 Initiative: Each jar that we sell also makes a big difference! With each purchase of a jar of Lishe's Happea Butter, we will donate a sachet towards nutritional programs targeting food emergencies. We invite you to partner with us to support vulnerable populations in food insecure contexts. Learn more here.
- Lifesaving Nutrition Partnership Initiative: We support partners with R&D and wholesale supplies of emergency foods; custom ordered to reach their target populations that are food insecure.
Our Research and Development (R&D) Innovations & Expertise to Tackle Food Insecurity
Our innovation and product development in this space brings unique specialty products that are both delicious and nutritious. We research, develop, and produce specialized nutritious foods designed for use in emergency relief contexts. What sets our products apart? The products are:
Ready-to-Eat/Use Foods (RUF)
These butters/pastes are consumed directly from the package with no need to dilute, mix, or cook. They are NOT designed to be a substitute for breastfeeding. These products are produced following the WHO, WFP, and UNICEF specifications. Talk to us about our R&D expertise in specialized foods:
- Ready-to-Use Supplementary Foods (RUSFs)
- Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Foods (RUTFs)
- Lipid-based Nutrient Supplements (LNS)
How can we partner?
We are keen to work with other organizations such as mission groups, food banks, governments, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) or relief agencies to fight the war on malnutrition. This line of products are ideal for partners who deliver nutritional programs specializing in maternal, infant, and young child nutrition (MIYCN) programs. We take care of all the details including product development, manufacturing, and quality assurance.
Civil service & Not-for-Profit Organizations (CSOs, NPOs & NGOs)
If you are a provider of nutrition programs, our capabilities include a range of products you need to reach the most vulnerable populations.
Corporate Giving / CSR Programs
Are you ready to give towards a nutrition program to meet emergency relief needs? With your corporate order/gift, we will manufacture and supply a local nutrition partner; who will manage all the delivery logistics.
Our approach is to offer customized solutions that are custom ordered to meet the needs of targeted populations. s Note that these are custom ordered to meet the needs of targeted populations. Contact us to discuss your specific needs.
All the goodness of supporting a great cause, plus...
- Your corporate logo/name sticker on each donated box.
- Special News Release about your gift, its impact, and our partnership.
- An appreciation reception along with a photo opportunity with your team.
- The program administration and nutrition guidance will be delivered by your choice of local food bank, NGO or Community-based organization (nutrition partner) who are familiar with their community's needs.
Nutrition program gift catalogs
Are you looking for an innovative fundraising strategy and unique products to enhance your nutrition-focused programs? We can supply you with the appropriate food products for your gift catalog to align with your nutrition initiatives.
We would love to hear from you to discuss how we can partner.